Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, August 15, 2008

Pistols and Bending - 8/14/08

I'm making progress with these pistols already! They felt way more sturdy today than they did on Mon. I had been noticing my knees feeling a little funny over the last few months and I figured the pistols would do one of two things, either make them feel a lot worse or a lot better. I'm glad the outcome was the latter of the options. Actually my knees, hips, and lower back feel really good after the sets. I think it has to do with the focus on total body tension that is required. It is easy, at least for me, to find ways to relax and sneak around creating max tension in moves I frequently use. I try to focus but it still happens. I think these will be good to practice for awhile and have a great carry over to everything else I am working on.

-Pistols 16KGx5/5
3sets-18" box
2sets-15 1/2"box
The lower box really made me tense up. Especially since I tried to keep a nice slow even pace throughout the move.

-Bending
Crushdown focus tonight. I took a red nail that I had kinked to 90 in a previous kink session and closed it to just under 2"! This is huge for me. I closed the thing with no cheat bends! It took two sessions, the second of which took about 15min and a re-wrap but it's still pretty cool. I would have never thought of this a month ago. Ben definitely knows bending. What ever he says I do and the results follow very quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice...i need to use the box more!!!

Carl Sipes said...

I jacked my knee up going to low to soon about a year ago. Lost tension at the bottom. This makes them feel very strong and controlled.