Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Bundled Up And Went Outside...BRRRR! - 3/12/09

It was COLD today! I was outside for maybe 45min and my cup of water had ice chips on it about halfway through. Managed to work up a pretty good sweat though...more sled work, swings, and rope work. I tried to go from one to the other as quick as I could and take a 2min break after the rope work. I got 5 rounds in but transitions slowed down towards the end.

-Sled Work 80'-90'x5 laps
I used a variety of drags and pushed. 48KG for everything but OH walk...16KG for that.

-2KB Swing 24/24KGx10

-Rope Undulation 30secx5
This was very cool! I've been trying to learn about this for a little bit now and just got my rope in last night. It's a 50'x2" manila rope. Unbelievable work on the lungs, grip, shoulders...pretty much the entire body. John Brookfield has good info on it...Anthony DiLuglio(Art of Strength) is the stuff I got my hands on now...and there is plenty of video on youtube. Check it out.

Awesome work tonight! The rope really added to the session and I'm feeling less crappy at the end each time I go through this stuff. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH i have been reading about that stuff!! very interesting to me; (it relates directly to my line of work also)...anyhoo, how much did they cost?? where did you go to order?? later

Carl Sipes said...

About $180 for what I got. That's shipping and everything. If you go with the 1 1/2" its a bit cheaper. Contractorsrope.com is where I ordered it from. You can search thick rope on yahoo and see if you can get it cheaper but they have the best deal I could find. I got John Brookfield's DVD on the way...I'll let you know how it is.

Anonymous said...

thanks!!