Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Friday, March 20, 2009

Had To Play Outside Again - 3/19/09

-Another nice day, a little cool, but had to get outside.

-Sandbag Zercher Squats and Rotational Deads
Used these to warm up again.

The next 4 moves were done in a circuit(trying to move as fast from one to the next) with 1 min rest after the rope. Got through 4 rounds.

-Sled Pull(Forward Walk w/ Hands to Chest) 52KGx 160-180'
I been posting my sled work wrong. 1 lap = 160-180' not 80-90' like I have been posting. The extra 4 KG really made a surprising difference, wasn't expecting much.

-OH Sandbag Lunge 50LBSx5/5
Liking these lunge variations, me thinks I need them too.

-Viking Push Press 24/24KGx10
Had to try it. Good move, definitely a winder.

-Rope Work(Overhand Wave) x30sec
Still killin' me. Might try to separate this and work it by itself.

Next 2 moves were done continuously back and forth for 4 rounds.

-Sled(Side Step) 16KGx80-90'(half lap)
2 rounds with regular side stwps and 2 with grapevine steps. These were tough but I think it was how I had to hold the handles. I'm going to try and rig a harness for these moves next time.

-Rope(Overhand Alt Wave) x30sec

I was going to try and juggle for a bit but this was it for now. Later on I bent a DS#1 to about 70 degrees on my left hip. Felt tough not sure if I am out of practice or it was just a hard shoe for me.

Planning on progressive pulls this weekend, but if it's nice...I'll probably be outside

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!!! great job on the circuits!!! i always get a kick when i explain to someone who has no idea what training or exercise is other than what he read in a issue of ironman or whatever ..why i do these type of things and "what muscles do they work"...hmmmm, LOL later,

Carl Sipes said...

Yeah...can't really explain it, gotta feel it. ;-)