Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Progressive Pulls - 3/10/09

Had to get a little change in for today so I tried a Purposeful Primitive program. It was fun, a lot more volume than I'm use to so the weight was a bit light and reps were way up.

-Power Clean 135LBS, 155LBS, 165LBSx10
First time for these in awhile. Little rusty but alright.

-High Pull 145LBS, 185LBS, 205LBSx10
Not very good with this. Felt pretty awkward, needs work.

-S.S. Dead 225LBS, 245LBS, 275LBSx10
Should go heavier next week.

-Stiff Dead 135LBS, 155LBS, 185LBSx10
Should go heavier next week.

-Bent Row 95LBS, 100LBS, 105LBSx10
I used an overhand grip. It has been awhile for these as well. Felt better by the third set.

-Ham Stretch(legs on wall, butt in corner), Sit and Reach

This was a good change up. Fun to do some of theses moves again. My guess is a little soreness tomorrow. I think this will find it's way into the rotation for a little bit. Once a week seems to be the recommended dose so I'll shoot for Tuesdays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you da man!! high pulls took some getting used to for me also...i think i will add this in also...i might use KB's for some of the moves cause my elbow feels weird after cleans...we'll see...good job!!

I didnt start on 10's...i went 8's first...didn't like the reps on my elbows during cleans...later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

I use to do a lot of O-lifting so the cleans don't bother me. We just didn't do the high pulls the way Marty describes them so they're odd. Trying to play by the rules.

Anonymous said...

are you pulling the bar to your belly button??

Carl Sipes said...

Yeah...that's what I'm trying to do now. We use to pull to the bottom of the sternum.