Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mixin' It Up A Little - 3/29/09

Got some late season snow last night so it was an inside session today.

-Lower/Upper Body Twist, Shoulder Sweep, ASLR, Ham Curls w/ Ball

-TGU 32KGx10 min
Alt hand every rep. I kept a pretty constant pace...really got the shoulders tired by the end.

-Pistol 16KGx2/2 - 3 sets
Felt good to get some practice w/ these. Amazing how much difference practicing barefoot compared to a Chuck Taylor feels.

Alt w/

-2KB Press 24/24KGx5 - 3 sets
Can't even remember the last time I pressed 2 bells overhead...wore down pretty quickly.

-Snatch vo2 max 16KGx8 - 30 sets
Been awhile for this as well, you can see the theme of today's session. The 80 sets I've gotten in the past seem to be a far cry from today but I'll get it back.

-Card Tearing
Should have got 40 cards but I ripped 2 when my thumb slipped so I had to re-grip and get the other 38, still a PR w/ this type of card. Tried 40 again but had nothing left. I also got 15 with my weak side.

-Lev Block Curl 12 1/2LBSx4/4 - 2 sets
Got sloppy on the second set...this is when I called it quits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice!! 10 min of tgu w/ the 32 gets my hand/ wrist more than anyting...course you know i am kinda a "cry-bag" when it comes to my grip..

2 kb press are always humbling...
i am right on the heals of getting 80 sets w/ the 20 kg...dude this is work!! so don't feel bad...you will hit it again--like riding a bike!! my advice is to build up for a few weeks..then cut back for a wk or two before building again; this lets me kinda reboot and lets my hands recover some...good luck!! you da man! later

Carl Sipes said...

My wrist was really wanting to bend by the end but my shoulders really took the heat(think I need more OH work).

I like the couple steps forward then a step back plan of attack. Something else I found...a metal file work much better than a pumus(sp?) stone for smoothing calluses. Thought I was going to tear so use the file between sets and it worked out nicely.

Anonymous said...

good idea! i bleed and bleed when i do these mega set workouts...i have this egg shaped cheese grater looking thing that helps but i have never done it between sets...i'll try...later, alan