Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Snatchin' - 3/28/09

Rainy day and I need to get some snatches in before I head to Minnesota so that was the main part of the session today.

-Lower/Upper Body Twist, Shoulder Sweep, ASLR, Ham Curls w/ Ball
I added the ham curls to really fire the hams before the session. I've been working on my gate pattern and when a guy I work with watched me walk he said it looked like I was flinging my legs forward and getting no deceleration from my hammies so...I'll give this a try and see if it cleans it up.

-S.S. Deads 225LBSx3, 315LBSx3, 420LBSx3, 380LBSx3 - 2 sets

-Snatch 24KGx15 - 14 sets
I alternated hands every sets and took a min. rest between them all. Just wanted to get a good number of these in. I need to start getting more of these in and mix in some heavier and lighter reps. We'll see how it goes.

-Bending
SCF Polo #1 to 120 degrees in a little under 3 min.

-Ab Roll Out x5 - 2 sets

-Stairs 28steps(up/down) 2 sets
Super sets w/ the ab rolls.

I'll play with the grippers today again. Probably the same set and rep scheme. I've also been working the card tearing at work. Still trying to get 40.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude..are you doing the recert at the workshop in may?? i forgot about that...maybe try playing with snatch ladders of 20/20-->5/5 for 1 round, mixed in with 15:15 days for cond and tech work and you will rock it!!good luck!!

80 reps or 100?? which one do you have to do??

Carl Sipes said...

Yeah, I got it in May. I plan on doing lots of snatching and those breakdowns will definitely play a part. Not sure if it goes to 100 by then or not. I've been weighing in around 195 so it wouldn't be far from 100 anyway. I wouldn't mind knocking out my 100 in less than 4 min...that's the goal now. ;-)