Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Sat Training - 6/27/09

Gotta say I've been liking this little change in the training that's been taking place. I'm not beat to crap from doing endless reps so I get to focus more on the movements and reps that I do complete. And on top of that my back is not sore at all anymore and my neck that has given me trouble for years now is feeling much better and close to being free of irritation. Good stuff. I had a friend do the FMS on me the other day to help him learn and I scored an 18. 2 on the squat and 2/3 on the lunge and hurdle step. Normally those are 3/3 and I have trouble with the leg raise and sh mob. but I have really been working on mobility and it cleaned up and was symmetrical. This just shows that you must keep an eye on the good stuff as well. I went through a hip flexor stretch progression and bumped back to 3/3 on both.

Movement Prep - Ankle/Arch Prog, Closed Chain Dorsi, Active Leg Drop, Brettzel, Neck Prog, Cossack

-Goblet Squat w/ Front Raise 8KGx5 - 3 sets
One of Mr. O'Connor's inventions. At the bottom of the squat you extend and raise your arms as high as you can, let all the "slack" get pulled out of your back and stand. I tried a 12 to start and had to drop to an 8 if that says anything.
Superset w/
-Ballet Heel Raises x 10 - 3 sets

-BUTGU 16KGx1/1 - 3 sets
Focused on Kelos Sthenos.
Superset w/
-Neg Handstand Push Ups w/ Assist x 3 - 3 sets
Got in a handstand position with my heels on the wall and took a slow negative, kicked out straightened my arms and went back up.

-Indian Club practice 15-20 min
Still using the same moves I learned in the beginning. Might explore a few new ones tomorrow.

-Run in the VFF
Went for the same extended run as Thurs, maybe 20-25 min. The calve started sore in the same spot and then loosened as I went. The feet are feeling much better.

That's it for today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice work...i went for a 10 min walk on an incline and felt terrible...i have got to fix my feet...later, alan

Carl Sipes said...

On the treadmill? If so watch out, the belt pulls the foot through so the glute and hams don't work to thrust. Might be feeding the problem.

Carl Sipes said...

Check out Brett's blog. A post from Alwyn Cosgrove talks about it.

Anonymous said...

thanks...i read that right after i posted this...we have a huge treadmill at the fire station---i have used it prob 4 times in the last 4 yrs--i hate them!! it was mostly just a test to see how my calve holds up to an incline but i haven't / don't use treadmill at all...