Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Back From the CK-FMS

Let me start by saying it was a great 4 days in St. Paul. I have been practicing the FMS for about 6 months or so now. Clumsily working my way through it. At first I didn't really understand how to use the FMS as a system. I thought it was just a test to see if someone needed to work on more squats, lunges, or one legged balance. I pretty much tossed the other tests to the side and sometimes didn't even administer them. When I started reviewing the "Secrets of" series the actual system started to became a bit more clear but I didn't have my "AH Ha" moment until this past weekend. The entire system was brought together, wrapped up in a neat little package and handed to me. I really can't say enough about how much I learned this weekend and how easy it can all be. I now understand what I am looking for, what I need to go after first, and how to show people immediate results. Very cool stuff! This really works hand in hand with kettlebell training and just strength and conditioning in general. I look forward to really fine tuning my skills as an FMS practitioner which will in turn fine tune my skills as a trainer. I'm really looking forward to the good things I know will come from entire philosophical change I have made in the way I think of and perform my training duties.

Oh yeah, I also passed my snatch test. 100 reps with the 24 in about 4:20-4:25.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

freaking cool!! congrats!! i was at the fire station all weekend working a 48 hr shift wondering how the workshop went...great job on the snatch retest!! can't wait to read your blogs!! later..
PS..i responded to your comments on my blog from my wifes blog again..LOL..sorry